Applique Thursday & More 12/29/11

I finished my table runner flimsie.  And since it has applique, here it is for Applique Thursday:

I used 34 scrap squares and two wof strips of white. For the flowers I used Heat and Bond Ultra Hold so no stitching is required on the applique pieces - and yes they do hold wonderfully.

If you are new to applique, thinking about trying it, afraid to try it, this is the easiest applique around as I said above no sewing involved - just place and fuse.  If you'd like to try the Heat N Bond - send me a self address stamped envelope (US - a 44 cent stamp; International - 1oz equivalent for first class international) and I'll send you a strip so you can try a flower block. Just leave a comment you are sending and I'll email you my snail mail address).  Probably have enough for 30 quilters. Oh, and I'll post the pattern for the flower block.

So what are you working on?  I'd love to see your eye candy in whatever stage it's in, especially if it has applique, but love it all. Click on the blue button below to share your link (photo or blog post).

4 comments:

  1. like your runner and your review of 'heat and bond' :) will send you a sase so i can try it with my applique. i've used steam-a-seam
    and buy pellon 5 or 6 yards at a time, but, since i don't always finish my fixed appliques right away, sometimes the little pieces will be loose by the time i'm ready to sew them down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table runner Angie! Cute little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your runner.
    I`m working every month on applique block called "12 meses en rojo".It`ll run one year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR RUNNER! I use the WONDER UNDER for most of my applique Sunbonnet Sue quilts so I don't need it now. Just wanted to reply on your appliques.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...