Fabric Tuesday Story

If you saw my design wall yesterday, you know I wasn't too keen on the big block I put on it.  Then I read about Bonnie Hunter's new book, String Fling , and fell in love with one of her quilts.  There's one perfect for my strings and a big block!  So while I wait for the book to come, I've been playing with the block to see if I can figure out how she did it. She is so clever - it never seems to be what you think.  I'm going to be haunting the mailbox until it comes to see if I'm right.  Here's what my block looks like now.
It's not sewn together and I can see that the big strips won't work with this one -but, oh this will use up a lot of those tiny strips and give me applique space.  Woohoo!

I'm linking to Connie's Linky Party Tuesday and Fabric Tuesday by Quilt Story - go see what others are playing with.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more of this! I like the idea of the string blocks in the corners of an appliqued block! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applique or embroidery space or both....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the colors you're using with this! I agree with Billie -- a bit of applique in the center might just be the ticket!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...