DWM 7/23/13

Taking a break from LE, I made a block for a new charity quilt.  I found this block in a video from the Missouri Star Quilt Company for their Merry Go Round Quilt.  Her block is too large for my quilt, so I had to make it smaller.  Came up with a block that measures 9 1/2" when finished and it's on my design wall.
Here it is:
A friend gave me a whole bunch of solid strips, so think this will work to do up this block, and I can fussy cut the center block.  Nine blocks and the sashing and I'll have a quilt!  to me it looks like a simplified wedding ring block because it forms connecting rings.  What do you think?  Watch Jenny's video and you can see the quilt behind her on the wall.

I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times, Lyn's BOMs Away , and Esther's Blog.  Go see the eye candy.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I like this block very much indeed! Hadn't thought about how much it looks like a DWR, but it surely does now that you point it out :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm using many more solids than I used to. Love the block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watch Jenny's video today on this quilt. Love that you made it smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of pieces in the block. very pretty.
    how are feeling today?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it really does looking like a simplified wedding ring. The first thing I thought when I saw this block was, love the space in the middle for some fancy quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, you left a comment on my blog, saying how lovely my fabrics are for my Love Entwined compass. Thankyou so much! Your fabrics are so vibrant, very pretty! I will return to your blog for a proper look when I have a bit more time, so bye for now, Rowena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...