Stash Report and Secret Quilt

Thought I didn't have anything to report but then I had to pull a piece for a sewing class today. Pulled out six yards to make a blouse and skirt!  And .01 yards for the bits and pieces for LE. Here are my numbers:
in 0.0 yds.; out 6.01 yds.
Stash YTD: in 8.5 yds., out 92.42 yds.
Donated YTD: 40.96 yds
Net for 2013: out 83.92 yds
I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times to see how others are de-stashing.
And now for the secret quilt.  I couldn't show it to you before in case my friend read my blog or we got it to her.  She lost her husband quite suddenly (He was only 72). Bette (also a good friend and quilter) and I wanted to give her a quilt since we couldn't be there with her. Well now we can:
Bette has this fabulous stash of flower fabrics. So instead of flowers, we sent her a flower garden.

Appropriately, I had bed of roses fabric for the back.  The hearts you see together - the white one is for Val's DH and the other for her - forever together.
Bette found just the right words and printed them on fabric. I then added some flowers and a border and sewed it to the back.

Bette then tied the quilt. We bound it and sent it off
We love you Val!




7 comments:

  1. A wonderful, thoughtful thing for you to do. When my DH died, my friends made a special quilt for me, and every time I look at it on my guest bed, it reminds me of those who supported me at that time. I know this will comfort her and remind her she is loved by two very special women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt and you two are wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so sweet of you ladies. She must have felt so loved. Things like this make my heart feel comfort, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that story just warmed my heart. That has got to be the best bunch of flowers she has ever gotten. The bed of roses, too much. You are a sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing uner our Medallion Quilts theme at TUesday ARchives....you taught me that these quilt truly begin with the center and work outward. I love your flower garden gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful idea for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to show your love and support in such a rough time in someone's life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...