WIPs Be Gone Madness

While I haven't been able to quilt as much as I'd like with this arthritis flair up, I have been able to move forward on three WIPs - a little at a time usually only 15-20 minute sessions.

Here's one I actually finished:
I started and finished the top in September.  It's not as dark as it seems in the photo.  It's more like the following photo.  It is a raffle quilt for our local library's friends group.
Here's a photo where the quilting shows up better.  It's to be a family reunion quilt or memory quilt. Once someone wins it, I'll quilt the surname and finish the cross hatch quilting in the center. They'll be able to sign in the squares made by the quilting. If you click on the photo you can see a larger, clearer image.
Here's the back.
This WIP is one of my leaders and enders - all the parts are assembled - just need to construct the blocks from all the pieces. Started this years ago.
My other leader and ender are the stars for this Jubilee wall hanging - another old WIP.  It was suppose to have an outside border, but I like it this size with the stars as part of the last border.  I have three options I'm considering:  a. more red and white sections, b. blue strips that match the blue in the stars, or something similar to the flannel that makes up my design wall.  Please advise.

What are you up to? Would love to see it, whether finished or WIP progress or an old post, or even about what is going on in your life - not necessarily quilty. Share your goodness. Linky below closes Monday, midnight.
I'm participating in the Pink Doxies new link up, #BraveQuilter. As part of the link party for April, my goal is to get this WIP top finished, so I have to decide on the border fabric. Something different than a plain border.

8 comments:

  1. In my humble opinion, my first inclination was to say add red to it. I think there is a part of our brain that looks for equal balance in color. After the last few months reading more about color theory, though, I would say blue. Maybe not the same blue as the stars, but perhaps a slightly darker blue. I think this might allow the viewer's eye to focus more on the red. What do you think?

    Thank you for linking this post up to #BraveQuilter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally in love with your quilt. Is that a pattern? What size blocks are those. Feel better Angie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, I love the Jubilee wall hanging! Bright and colorful!! Also, the multi shades of black and warm grey!! Both are gorgeous!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors of your memory quilt. Gorgeous. Congrats with the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good day is getting a WIP done. A great day is getting three done! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, cuanto tiempo sin pasar..Estos proyectos son muy bonitos y me encanta el memory quilt.

    Besos-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little late to the party, but I'll be visiting some of the others, too. I loved seeing your finished and in progress projects. Just goes to show that even slow progress gets us somewhere! Very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...