Some of This; Some of That

Spending some time slow stitching this Sunday
and I want to add a halo to my Christ Child in the manger:
What do you think?  Should the halo be at a different orientation?  I'm going to hand stitch it with some metallic thread. And the FM quilting on the panel is moving right along.  You can't tell very well but most of the people are done.  Now need to think how I'm going to handle all the night sky.  I may leave it alone as this will be a wall hanging.  I'll see.  Think with some Swarovski glitter in the stars it should be enough.  With the 2 yards for the backing my YTD stash busting is up to 52.97 yards used.

It's raining here - very gently - perfect weather to be inside stitching. We're finding it a nice ending to a big holiday.  I'm linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching. Button under linky parties tab.

Blessings on this first Sunday of Advent,

5 comments:


  1. Blessings to you, too. Totally missed that Advent began today, Christmas being on Sunday this year. We'll gladly accept your unused rain. We're still in a drought here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the halo looks good,this is going to be a lovely Christmas piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing the stitching in a hoop. There's just something homey about hand stitching a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hand quilting. And the halo looks just right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...