Fabric Tuesday 9/13/11

Here is my funky owl.  Really - I know he looks like an alien who ran into an owl and tried to imitate it to blend in, then got caught in a flashing light one night and looks dazed - but hey, I followed the pattern of this shop hop block - LOL.  Those ears were the hardest - you had to take a one inch square of fabric and fold it three times on the diagonal -phew!  The directions were clear but I sure could have used a center point or a full size block pattern to place the owl where it belonged.  Took me two 15-minute sessions to raw edge applique it.  At least it was piecing and applique!

Go on over to my left sidebar and click on Fabric Tuesdays at Quilt Story and see what more fabric stories..  Or if you want to see what others can do in just 15 minutes, visit Life in Pieces.

5 comments:

  1. To cute! Now I know what feet you were sewing on. Sounds like you did it fast to me. On the centers of my flowers, I just kept my foot off the presser foot and rolled the wheel by hand.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great owl! You did a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Owl! He has lots of personality. I think he needs his wings sticking out a bit, but maybe he's got them folded behind his back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that owl. Looks like you had a fun sewing week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the owl! I think he's cute! Didn't think alien at all under you said it... lol! :) Thanks for sharing! I just found you and am now your newest follower! Have a Great Day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...