Applique Thursday Early

This week is so full of things I have to do that I'm calling the block below my applique for Thursday.  And it does have applique - the palm trees are appliqued.  The trunks are sewn down and the palm fronds are raw edge applique.  I found the fronds in a novelty print for Hawaii.  With the tips for using Prisma pencils from Esther Aliu, I was able to color the fronds and take out the lighting effect that they had for a night scene.  I like them a lot better than the pinwheels that were called for.  This is the last of the blocks I had to make for the Guild BOM - this one was for June.  Now I can start gathering the fabric for turning it into a flimsie.
I may add a little more green to the fronds.  This block depicts Victoria Ave with its palm trees, planting of citrus and roses that border the street.  It also has stands of Eucalyptus here and there in place of the palms.  It is  a wonderful place to take a walk.  I still have to add some more oranges to the blocks, but then it will be totally done.

I'd love to see your eye candy. My linky is below.  I'm also linking to Esther's WOW to see all the eye candy there.
Oh and finally a winner of the Applique Petal Party! The random generator says it's Lisa of Quilts, Cakes and Other Fun. I'll be sending her an email tomorrow. Thanks for playing and your patience, quilters!

5 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely blown away by your palm tress....excellent. I have no applique today, but added by latest addiction....old Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great palm trees! And I think I have that exact same cloud fabric! No sewing for me today, I'm out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your palm tree looks fantastic.Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those palm fronds are so neat looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...