Design Wall Monday 6/23/14

Coming off the design wall:
 Mom asked me to quilt this lap quilt for her.  She did everything but the quilting.  I was hesitant at first because she had already  bound it. But she had SITD around the blocks and just inside the yellow French knots.  That seemed to stabilize these large blocks enough that I had no pleating as I quilted it.  I used Bottom Line Silver on both top and bottom with a 80/12 needle and the tension set at 2 for my Bernina.
 Here's four of the six.
and a close-up of one of the ladies.
Here's the back - she used a purple flannel that matches the sashing and borders on the front side.  Now to bury all those tails.
Still on my design wall is my Soupçon.  I was able to add the two borders of Part 6 and have begun the paper piecing third border of this last part.  These will take me a while.  I figure I have 9 hours left on the other three sides.  My PP section was 3/8th shorter than my top.  So first I squared the top again (one side was off) and took out the papers in the center of the PP strip.  I was able to gently stretch the strip to get it to fit.  If I hadn't removed some of those central papers, I was afraid I'd have some gathering in that blue print border. Phew.

I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times and Marelize's Anything Goes Monday.  Now back to the exciting World Cup games!!

7 comments:

  1. Your mom's quilt turned out lovely! Great job. And I really love what I can see of your Soupcon quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom's quilt is so pretty - such pretty embroidery! Your Soupcon looks great! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE GOOD! Both are Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, you did a great job on the quilting!! I love the vintage sunbonnet ladies. You mother did a wonderful job on the embroidery. I'm anxious to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilting! I would never have thought of using Bottom Line on top. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Southern Bells! They remind me of a quilt my grandmother made me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet old-fashioned and feminine quilt your Mom worked on and how nice of you to be doing the quilting for her ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...