An Applique Tuesday QRG Report

On the quilting front: Made a mug rug but can't show it until after tomorrow's guild meeting. It's part of a game.  Used a fat quarter on that mug rug and something else I can't mention. That's it for my stash report.  I did do some slow stitching Sunday:
All the vertical sashings are done. Now working on the horizontal joining sashing. Little by little.
And today I slow stitched on a hexie as I waited for my mom at the doctors.

Then working on my commission quilt.  Machine quilting the symbols.  I didn't like the zig-zag for these, so doing them with straight stitch, but a straight stitch done with FMQ.  Straight stitch on left.
If I had my druthers, I'd have machine appliqued these before starting the assembly of the quilt. Limited to how these can be stitched down otherwise.

Once those are done, got started on stitching in the ditch to anchor the blocks.
This will be a slow process - not due until Dec 18th and I have two sets of out of town visitors starting Nov 25th.  I'll be happy to get to do 15 a day.

Still reading the Guernsey book.  And from the garden, the last of the flowers for now:


I love these sulpher cosmos!

What are you up to?  Leave me a comment and I'll come see your eye candy!

7 comments:

  1. what on earth are druthers, nor in my dictionary! Plenty going on in your stitching world. Very nice hand quilting, I prefer to hand quilt but I worked on a 56" square quilt for two days machine quilting it and now just need to bind it, not too successful but I am slowly improving, will blog it soon. 49 blocks all different so quilting them individually

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your busy, busy, busy!! Good luck finishing up that applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to still have flowers in your garden! Success with the applique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, druthers is having free choice. Now you have a new word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are still enjoying your machine and working away with deadlines. Love your photo of you and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are working so hard. So many beautiful projects. Slow but surely, you'll get there. Can't wait to see the mug rug. Love the picture of you concentrating over your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those flowers. Look forward to seeing your secrets!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...