Spring BQF!

It's time for Amy's Creative Side' Blogger's Quilt Festival. The button is on the sidebar.  Here's my entry:

I consider myself a confident beginner in FMQ and I had fun trying different designs in the rectangles. I used Superior's So Fine Thread in both top and bobbin with a 80/12 needle.  I was so happy with how the Snow (#401) blended with all the colors in the fabrics. This was a quilt I made for my DGD who just turned five in April.  Just took me 2 1/2 years to finish, LOL.
Here's the busy back.  Lol, I'm not yet that confident of how a solid would look with my quilting:  

I'm entering this in the Home Machine Quilted category because I challenged myself to do more FMQ and this was my result of that challenge. Little by little!  Do visit the Blogger's Quilt Festival - you'll find a lot of inspiration there. 
.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is one of my favorites that you made. I love the colors the pattern and most of all the way you quilted it. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt! It is a beauty!!!
    You DGD will really treasure it, I'm sure. Your FMQ looks really good!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - I like the pattern and you have chosen colours that look really good together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...